***THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ENLISTMENT IN THE U.S. ARMY OR ARMY RESERVE*** You can earn your Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), and experience all in the United States Army! While the trucking industry may be hurting for drivers, you can skip to the front of the line with many companies, and not even have to pay for all the Truck School training, because in the United States Army you will learn how to operate many different types of vehicles, as well be able to get HAZMAT certifications and your Class A CDL! Motor transport operators are primarily responsible for supervising or operating wheel vehicles to transport personnel and cargo. They are the backbone of the Army’s support and sustainment structure, providing advanced mobility on and off the battlefield. THIS JOB REQUIRES ENLISTMENT INTO THE UNTIED STATES ARMY Job Duties - Operate all wheel vehicles and equipment over varied terrain and roadways - Manage load, unload, and safety of personnel being transported - Oversee and check proper loading and unloading of cargo on vehicles and trailers - Employ convoy defense techniques - Identify, correct or report all vehicle deficiencies - Prepare vehicle for movement/shipment by air, rail or vessel Training Job training for a motor transport operator requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and seven weeks of Advanced Individual Training. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in simulation — yet over 200 training hours are spent in actual vehicles and field training environments. Compensation · Paid training · Salary Pay · Housing and meal allowance for full-time positions · 30 days of paid vacation each year, in addition to federal holidays · 401(K) type savings plan · Full-coverage medical and dental insurance for Soldiers and immediate family members · Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 coverage) · Education Benefits (GI Bill) - tuition, housing, and book fees for 36 academic months of college · Tuition Assistance - up to $4500 per year · Student Loan Repayment - up to $65,000 in college loan repayment · Signing bonus - up to $40,000 in cash bonuses In order to meet the minimum qualifications, you must: · Be under 35 years old · Be a US Citizen or Hold at least permanent residence (I-551/Greed Card) · Have a High School Diploma/GED · Have no major medical issues · Have no major law violations (Felony level) Required qualifications: - 17 years or older - Legally authorized to work in the United States - Background check
Apply Now