No matter where you are in your career, composing a strong resume is vital to improving your chances at landing the job you aspire. However, what are some ways that you can help separate yourself from your fellow job-seekers?
Below are 10 tips that are not typically taught to job-seekers, but are critical in helping you and your resume stand out!
- Be prepared to answer questions related to why you changed jobs, each time you changed them. Keep your answers professional.
- Elaborate on how you see yourself in your career (and how you are different from every other person with a similar career path). Come prepared to share examples of your performance/skill set.
- Explain why you chose the career path that you did
- Describe why you were brought on board at each previous job
- Account for your accomplishments from each position you left
- Show and share your personality in the interview.
- Emphasize and clarify the context for each of your triumphs
- Be thorough and accurate when describing your priorities in your job
- Highlight what your accumulated experience-wise at each job you’ve held
- Precisely describe how your brain works and what motivates you
Following these 10 tips can help your resume sing your song effectively! To explore more information regarding resume and career advice, please visit the job seekers resource page at StCloudShines.com.